At Springwood High School we ensure that a broad and balanced curriculum is provided to all of our students, incorporating English, Maths, Science and Religious Education qualifications along with the provision of Physical Education teaching for 11-16. As an Arts specialist we will also provide a range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities in this area.
For KS5 students, a range of subjects is offered, including enrichment activities, to provide students with the most relevant pathway for further study or employment. It is the intention and aim of the school that all students are involved in some form of extra-curricular activity.
The curriculum at KS3 and KS4 follows the National Curriculum. A comprehensive programme of personal, social and health education, along with careers advice and guidance is taught in tutor time and incorporated into lessons.
At Springwood High School we hope to ensure that our pupils are:
- Aware of their abilities and in so doing should develop them to their maximum potential;
- Aware of the needs of the community and be prepared to contribute fully to the life of the community;
- Offered a curriculum that has breadth and depth. It must be tailored to each pupil and satisfy their requirements;
- Pupils who leave Springwood articulate, literate and numerate, and have lively, enquiring, independent minds;
- Confident in their dealings with adults and peers;
- Able to develop good working relationships with others;
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of cultures and through this come to respect the rights and needs of others;
- Able to make good moral judgements;
- Adaptable enough to react to the needs of a fast changing world.
The 14 - 19 Chart gives students an idea of what qualifications are available at different levels. The levels tell you how hard a qualification is and what your options are as you progress to the next. To view this chart please click here.
- To view the Department of Education Factsheet about GCSE's, click here.