Future Learn was founded by the Open University and is a provider of Massive Open Online Course. These free certificated courses are produced by over 50 UK and international universities and accessed by over 4 million learners worldwide.
Future Learn courses are aimed at 16-19 year olds and are designed to bridge the gap between school and university.
They allow students to make informed choices regarding their future ambitions by allowing them to sample a range of different courses with no long term obligation.
They can also be used to support students with their UCAS application, personal statements and preprint for degree study.
They are equally useful for those with alternative ambitions, offering courses in CV writing and interview skills.
Furthermore they are an excellent tool to demonstrate studying outside the classroom and are a suggested research tool during the Extended Project Qualification.
Examples of current and upcoming courses:
- A history of Royal food and feasting
- Archaeology: From dig to lab and beyond
- Begin robotics
- Biochemistry: The molecules of life
- Explore animation
- Genomic medicine: Transforming patient care in diabetes
- Introduction to ecosystems
- How to succeed at interviews
- Innovation: The fashion industry
- Numeracy skills for employability and the workplace
- Physical theatre: Exploring the slap
- The science of nutrition
- WW1 heroism: Through art and film
- Football: More than just a game
- The many faces of dementia
- Form notation to performance: understanding musical scores
- Good brain, bad brain: Parkinson’s disease
- Prepare for careers success at university
For further information about upcoming Future Learn course please click here.